Family & Friends Carers – Kinship Milton Keynes
When and where we meet
We meet: Weekly
Every Thursday during term time – 9.30am-11.30am
Location: Morrisons Community Room, 4 Barnsdale Drive, Westcroft District Centre, Milton Keynes MK4 4DD
We also meet online on Zoom on the third Thursday of every month during term time – 7pm-8.30pm (contact Karon if you would like to attend the Zoom group)
Who we are
This group is for anyone raising a relative’s or friend’s child. You don’t have to have any legal paperwork to join us. You can be at the beginning of your kinship journey. And, we’re not just for people living in Milton Keynes. If you’re a kinship carer and can get to us, you are more than welcome.
- We provide a safe and inclusive place for kinship carers to discuss all issues around kinship care.
- We help alleviate the isolation often felt by kinship carers.
- We are very friendly and non-judgemental. A warm welcome awaits you.
- We signpost kinship carers to organisations that may be of use or benefit.
- We provide advice from what is often our own experience, and whilst we have many years’ experience between us of caring for kinship children, we would recommend that you check any advice we give.
We try to hold an event during school holidays so that the children have the opportunity to meet, just like we do as adults. It’s important that kinship children realise they are not on their own and that there are other children being raised by their relative or friend.
Please note – Children sometimes attend the group. There is a small corner within the room to occupy small children if they visit with their carer.
This group is independently run and you will need to contact the group directly. As this group is not part of Kinship, we do not take any responsibility for their activities. Kinship does not check the information provided by the group. The group will process your personal data in accordance with their own governance structure.