Kinship Advice Service Charter
The Kinship Advice Service charter - our promise and commitment to kinship carers to always put them first.
Our Kinship Advice Service charter demonstrates how we put kinship carers first in all that we do. It is a written promise to our kinship carers that we will deliver an outstanding service for them.
Our charter is a commitment to the quality of the service you can expect from our expert advice team and how we will provide it.
Our Advice Service charter – how we work with kinship carers in England and Wales.
Our commitment to every kinship carer is to:
- always do our best to provide you with an excellent service
- treat you with respect, empathy and dignity
- provide independent advice tailored to your situation
- communicate with you in the way that works for you
- listen to what you have to say without judgement and act accordingly
- respond promptly and positively to all requests for information and advice
- make sure you have access to the right support if we can’t help you
- develop and improve our services with your feedback
- treat your information sensitively and in confidence*
*We will not disclose your personal details to a third party without your permission unless we are concerned that either you or someone else is at risk.
In return, we ask people accessing our service to:
- be polite and courteous to our staff, volunteers and trustees
- provide us with accurate information to personalise your advice
- keep your appointments – but if you can’t make it, let us know so we can free it up for another kinship carers
- tell us what you think and give us feedback so we can keep improving
- understand that sometimes we may not have the answers to everything, but we will do our best to help you
- be patient when our service is very busy, we will respond
We will keep reviewing our charter based on feedback from kinship carers.
Next review date: December 2023